Sunday, September 9, 2007

Web 2.0 Response

First of all I'd like to say that this video creeped me out a little bit. Maybe it's because I don't know a whole lot about computers or the internet and I'm a little ignorant, but after I was finished watching Web 2.0 I felt a little bit like I was in the matrix. Now back to the subject...

I think the title of the video, Web 2.0, is referring to the new nature of the internet. When the internet was first introduced it was very primitive and I don't think too many people understood it very well. Well now the internet has advanced so much and become accessible to everybody from children to adults which is a good and a bad thing. It's nice to have access to that kind of global information, yet on the other side of the coin, it's dangerous and scary that people can have information on you as well.

For someone coming into the workforce the biggest thing that this video shows is that they have to know at least a little bit about the internet to be successful in the new occupation. I definitely fall into this category and I think the reason that this video creeped me out was because I need to learn more about the internet.

The affect on people who are already in the workforce is similar depending on where they are in their careers. For someone who is about halfway through their career it is probably still a good idea to learn as much as they can about the internet because more than likely the company they are with will start using it more and more because it is advancing at such a rapid pace. For someone who is getting ready to retire, it may not be as important to learn about it, but it would still be a good idea because it is the way of the future whether we like it of not.

At the very end of the video it says that we are going to have to rethink everything. This is referring to the way people do basically everything but especially business. The internet has affected every part of our everyday lifes and what the video is saying is that we need to go back and think about how we do everything to make it fit around the internet.

No comments: