Sunday, September 16, 2007

My life in ten years

I quite honestly don't have a clue what I would like to be doing in ten years. It's definitely something I need to sit down and think about here pretty soon I guess.

I'm going to think "outloud" for a second and follow this train of thought to a logical conclusion.

First of all I want to graduate with a degree in animal science this coming May. My choices from there are to get a job in the animal agriculture industry. Hopefully within a few years I will be promoted to a management position where I will be able to have people work beneath me and show the company I can manage. Within ten years hopefully I will still enjoy my job and be with the same company in which case I would plan to move up through the ranks and hold the highest position possible.

My other choices are Vet School or Grad School. For Vet School I will have to wait another year because I'm already too late in applying for next fall. I'm not sure if I want to do Grad School simply because of the fact that it's more school, more money out, none in, etc... The upside to either one of these options is hopefully a better paying job upon graduation. It's definitely something to think about whether I want to be in school longer in hopes of getting a higher paying job or if I want to go ahead and get a job next year.

Either way I choose, in ten years I will be out of school and I do hope to have a family of my own, preferebly living in or around the southeast. I also plan on having a career that I love doing no matter what the salary. Whether that's management, veterinarian, or research I have yet to figure out. But I will discover it soon enough.

No comments: